Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Prim Alphabet Pincushion Free Pattern


I've seen patterns such as this at prim shows and antique marts and just had to make one of my own. It's the lowercase version of an alphabet I designed years ago to put into samplers or use as initials. The whole project was so blessedly simple; just what I needed while waiting for my wool to arrive in the mail. I even stitched it on 28ct linen which is unusual for me. I'm surprised I even had any in my stash. This one I aged with much better success than my last attempt (at least to my eyes) and it makes the perfect little prim pincushion. I finished it days ago but finally got it sewn together today. The pattern is oh so simple but I put it up as a free pattern anyway. The alphabet can be used for so many things; I'd love to see what you ladies come up with. I hope you enjoy!!!

xoxo

Jennie Lynn

10 comments:

Ann said...

Jennie, Thank you so much for sharing this prim alphabet. I've printed off a copy. ~Ann

basketsnprims said...

Thank you so much, Jennie ~ I have the perfect plan for it and I will share a pic. with you.
pam

Mouse said...

oooo just what I needed :) thanks so very much for sharing .. off to go and sort out threads etc ooo happy day stitching :) love mouse xxxx

Megan @ Stitchinthedayaway said...

Thanks for sharing your patterns ~ Just love them too :
Megan

Kim said...

This is primitive cute! I can't wait to make this! Thank you for sharing!

Dora said...

Thank you for sharing this prim alphabet!
I'm almost done with the needlebook, just need quality time to put it together. I'll send you a picture when that happens.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Thank you for the free pattern Jennie! I love doing these long narrow pinkeeps.

barbara said...

Thank you for free pattern. It is wonderfully simple, but very creative.

Gillie said...

I'm so glad to meet someone else who is a little "disorganized" with her threads! Lovely alphabet, thank you.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Oh how adorable Jennie! Thank you for offering this as a freebie, you are very sweet to do that!