Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Eyelet Sampler Finished . . . I think?

Here is the completed eyelet sampler. Or perhaps partially completed? I can't decide whether or not to add a name on the bottom, under the last row of letters. It would have to be a relatively short name given the amount of room I left myself. I think it looks complete even without a name or date. What do you think?


Would you stitch it as is or would you prefer a name and date? The smaller alphabet up top is complete (minus the letter J) so you could always include your own name choice. With the addition of a name the sampler becomes almost a perfect square, though visually it registers as one now. I simply can't decide. Why is this decision so difficult for me? I think I obsess too much over details and I'm pretty sure my husband would agree.

I did choose to make a few letters in the light shade of cream. It blends really nicely and adds a nice contrast to the darker letters. I promise it shows up better in person and would probably in the photo as well if it wasn't overcast today. The eyelet stitches turned out beautifully and I'm already adding a few other speciality stitches to some of my designs. Though I think the next pattern I stitch will be more "prim" than my last few. I feel the need to return to simpler things and given the chaos about to descend upon me when school ends in three weeks "simple" will be a wonderful addition to my days.

I am anxious to hear what you ladies thing about the sampler. Finished? Name? No name? Date? No date? As soon as I decide (with some help from you) the pattern will be available for purchase. So don't be shy, ladies, opinions are always welcome, since if left to my own devices I'd never decide.

xoxo

Jennie Lynn

9 comments:

Mouse said...

mmmm after having a wee squint... waiting for new glasses ..lol I think name on bottom would just finish it off nicely :) love mouse xxxx

Unknown said...

Either way sounds good to me...if someone didn't want a name on it, they could just not stitch it. It is a beautiful design and I can't wait to order mine and stitch it up!!

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

DebbieSFL said...

Name or initials and year----love this design!

Joanne said...

Name and date would finish it off or even initials and date in the eyelet stitch. Very sweet!

Dora said...

Pretty, soft colors. Some personalization with a date would be nice either for yourself or a ficticious name and date. I love the eyelet stitch on this.

mdgtjulie said...

I think (sorry, I'm not helpful) that it would work either way. Maybe add the name and put pics of it both ways, so that the individual stitcher can decide which way she wants it. And why did you leave out the letter J? Just curious, cause I'm a Julie.

Gillie said...

I'd go either way, too! Love the colours.

EEGT said...

Absolutely beautiful. Initials and date would be my vote.

Robin said...

I'd finish the alphabet but that presents a tiny problem.......7 letters,6 spaces